Saturday 1 May 2010

Enterprise week

During enterprise week I attended a few different talks and practical events that improved my current skills and taught me newer skills. The event that had the most impact on me was the Apprentice challenge, where a you had to get into teams and make as much profit from doughnuts as possible, to begin with we were given £50 from a local company who sponsored us and had to go around the shops in town and get the best deal for our money. By using the skills of the group we managed to get 800 doughnuts for around £40 and sold them for 50p each making a 45p profit on each doughnut and eventually making a profit of £240.

How did this event help me?

By attending this event I was able to improve skills such as when communicating with businesses as we had to go around supermarkets to secure the doughnuts as well as visiting local businesses to try and secure orders previous to the day of selling the doughnuts. As well as this I was able to improve my confidence as I had to talk to potential customers in the street and encourage them to buy ‘Team Dynamos’ doughnuts not one of the other 7 teams who were also selling on the same day. Another skill I learnt was how to sell products to people and encourage them to buy them when they many not need them.

Conclusion

After attending these events I was able to improve my current skills as well as learning new ones while having fun and making some money out of it. As well as learning new things and gaining an experience I would not normally have been able to participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment